Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have heard of Thankful Thursday on other blogs and I've always thought it was a good idea. It is, after all, very important to have an "attitude of gratitude". So with that in mind, I thought I'd make my first ever Thankful Thursday post.

It might seem strange, but... I'm thankful for power outages. Yesterday we had a blizzard blow in and the power kept blinking. I was annoyed because I had a bunch of things I wanted to do on the computer. Finally the power went out and it seemed like it would stay out. I ended up spending a few hours on the couch, under a warm blanket, reading a great book. The icing on the cake was that my (usually antisocial) cat decided to join me. She spent the entire time curled up on my belly/chest area while I read my book. When it became too dark to read, I set the book aside and dozed off myself. So after reading a couple hundred pages of a great book that I hadn't had "time" to read lately, I took a nap with my kitty in the late afternoon as the wind and snow blew outside.

Yesterday I ended up being thankful for an "inconvienient" power outage. Last night when the power came back on I decided to finish the book. It left me inspired, which in turn inspired me to return to here my blog and make this first Thankful Thursday post. I'm hoping to post here more often again. Goodness knows there's plenty I could write about!

We have another blizzard brewing outside at the moment and the warnings sound like this one could be pretty severe. Maybe I'll get more reading done tomorrow if the power goes out again.

2 comments:

Horseartist said...

That sounds like a wonderful day. I miss those times when I used to read for hours. the fast pace of technology makes it hard to get back to that. Well done!

And welcome to Thankful Thursday. :)

Horse Tender said...

Yes, it was a lovely day. I too miss the days of reading for hours. This blizzard we just had allowed for a lot of reading time. But now the storm is over and it's back to the "grind"...

I do like Thankful Thursdays and I'm planning on making regular posts for that. :)