Sunday, November 18, 2012

Long Time, No Post

I've been neglecting this blog again...  it happens.  I've been really cracking down on myself to get back to posting on a regular basis on my Studio Blog.  I think that blog may take over as my main place to post, since I'm not very big into horses right now and I'm not sure I will be again, at least not for a while.

I found a home for both Leah and Pink.  (My Arabian mare and her 2011 filly)  They both went to a good friend in Colorado who runs a lesson and therapeutic program for little girls.  I know they will both be spoiled rotten - by my friend and the girls she teaches.  I'm very thankful that she was able to take both of them.  Her horses all have a lifetime home with her and she promises that if anything changes, they will come back to me.  It was very hard for me to give up Leah - again - but she told me that if I ever change my mind, I can come and get her.  I don't see that happening; I know Leah is safe there and has a wonderful home.  That was all I wanted for her the very first time I gave her away.

So now it's just me and my boy, Bo.  I go back and forth with my plans for him.  Sometimes I start dreaming big and think that I will try EVERYTHING with him - all the horsey sports I've wanted to try and all the training dreams I've ever had...  Sometimes it's enough to just go take care of him and hang out for a few minutes, listening to him eat his dinner.  I guess it's fair to say that I've been feeling a low grade depression off and on ever since I first gave up on horsey dreams - when Cazador left.

My husband and I still have ambitions to buy property somewhere in the area and start up our own little hobby farm.  Oddly enough it's now him who talks about getting more horses in the future.  I think when we can have them in our own yard maybe the fire will come back.  I do sometimes miss training - working with youngsters and the magic that happens when and unhandled horse becomes a friend and partner.  I would like to be a part of that again sometime.  It breaks my heart to know of the situation right now with he drought and the horse market.  I've seen numerous horses in my area given away.  Most, if not all, of them are untrained.  I would love to be in the position to take them in, get them trained up and back out in the world, with the insurance that good training can bring.  The world is a scary place right now - for animals and people.  I wish I could do more to help.

Ok, well, enough rambling.  I'll try and check in here when I think about it or when I have some horsey news.  For now it's pretty much time to hibernate for the winter and see how fuzzy Bo gets!  :-) 

1 comment:

Sweet Gypsy Cowgirl said...

It is always so difficult to make the decision to allow one of your 'fur-babies' to leave your care. I am absolutely ROTTEN at doing that and so I find myself with 10 horses...

Please don't worry about Pink or Princess Leia, (as I call her), I love them both so dearly! I cannot tell you how long I have coveted your white horse, (even tho I KNOW I am breaking a commandment!), and it is such a dream come true to look out and see her in the pasture. Sometimes she takes my breath away because she looks so much like my Czeerz horse. I had always wanted to see them team up and pull a wedding carriage! She is a wonderful little girl! AND Leia gets to be with the 'Nice Girls'...she didn't get stuck with the *itch mares! I know that I promised you that should you ever want her back, I would let her go, but I have to tell you. A large part of my heart would leave with her. I cannot tell you how much I love her already!

Thank you, Bobbie, for making that difficult decision and sacrifice. For in doing so, you made my dream come true!

Love, kate and princess leia