Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Horsey Valentine's Day

Yesterday was a very horsey Valentine's Day.

The mailman came in the morning and delivered my information packed for the Mustang Makeover and also a box containing the hoof picks that I'd ordered. I'm particular about my hoof picks. Years ago I found a style that I really liked and I have stuck with it. My last one disappeared a few months ago and I had bought a couple of the cheap basic metal ones to hold me over. But I finally had enough of trying to use them. After I wasn't able to find ones that are the style I like at any stores locally, I ordered two of my faves again. I get them from SmartPak and this is what they look like:

Awesome Hoofpick

After unpacking the picks, I read through the EMM paperwork and found out I'd be getting a gelding (yay!). Then the horsey day continued when Jeff got home from work. He had sent me a text message earlier in the day saying he'd gone to town and gotten me "stuff for valentine/mustang makeover day".

When he walked in the door after work he had a huge beautiful vase with a dozen roses, ferns, and baby's breath. Then he wanted me to go outside and there I saw that he had bought me a big heavy-duty wheelbarrow and a set of really nice hoof nippers. I was happy, but teased him a bit about getting me something to haul poop in for Valentine's Day. He kinda rolled his eyes and said he'd taken a lot of teasing from guys he works with for the same reason. He said they were calling him "Mr. Romantic" for buying his wife a wheelbarrow. In all seriousness though, I've been needing a wheelbarrow for quite a while now. I've been borrowing others' at the barn and they don't seem to mind, but having your own tools is always better.

As for the hoof nippers, they are very nice and they will complete my do-it-yourself hoof trimming set, joining the hoof knife and rasp he got me for my birthday and the Hoofjack that came on Christmas. Now I need to get busy trimming some feet!

No comments: