Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Like a Lion

March has arrived and found me to be busy, busy, busy! I am hard at work on my businesses (of which there are two at current count) and making preparations for the next three months of training a mustang for the Colorado Extreme Mustang Makeover. In just one week we will be packing up to make the trip to colorado and pick up my mystery mustang gelding. I wonder what he will be like? How big will he be? What color? Will he be easy to get along with? All of those questions will have to wait until next weekend.

The new truck is just about ready to go. We just had a Line-X bedliner put in, along with a brand new B&W Turnover Ball gooseneck hitch. This will be my first experience with the Turnover Ball. Prior to this I've dealt with fold down, Signature Series, and fixed hitches. I know the Turnover Ball system is popular and I'm eager to see how it will work out. We have a new Prodigy brake controller on the way and Jeff will install that when it gets here. He'll also be wiring in a 7-pin connector into the bed of the truck. That should be the last step in getting the truck ready to haul my trailer.

In other news, we now have a treadmill, something we've talked about for a while now. Jeff has been making good use of it, getting up and running every day before work. We've only had it for the last three days and I've been so busy and hadn't gotten around to getting on there until today. I just ran a mile and decided to quit on that for now. I have an ankle that was badly sprained a few years back and the same foot was most recently crushed by a horse. Most times it doesn't bother me, but the last time I ran on a treadmill I overdid it by quite a bit and couldn't walk normally for days afterwards. I think I learned my lesson, but we'll see; I love to run and I can certainly be my own worst enemy when it comes to that.

I am looking forward to getting a jump on getting back in shape this year. It has in the single digits and snowing here for a couple of weeks which makes outdoor activities unpleasant to say the least, but that doesn't matter now. It's very nice to be able to run at home.

No comments: