Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All aboard!!

Today I'm "saddling up" the rig and heading east to pick up my horse for the Midwest Extreme Mustang Makeover. It'll be a day and a half drive there and back. According to the list of approved trainers, I'm the only one in SD and it looks like I'm the furthest west too! I'm so excited, I can't wait to see my new "kid"! Someone asked me a couple days ago if it's a mare or a gelding, but I don't even know that much. I think it's a totally random draw, where I just pull up in the rig and they say "here's your horse". I can't wait to see him/her!! I'm taking my camera and PLENTY of extra batteries. The other good news is that my good friend, Melissa, is going with me on the trip. I was going to go alone, but really didn't want to. So I'm happy that I'll have some company on the road, that's always nice. Stay tuned, my next entry will have pictures of my mustang!!

No comments: