Wednesday, January 28, 2009

News, News, News

We were on the News! I got an email from a friend who saw the piece about Onyx and I on the news. She said we looked great. I've been scouring the station's website everyday, hoping to see something on there since we don't have TV service. Well, my friend sent me a DVD of the story and I just watched it! Not bad for our TV debut I have to say. They did a good job with the story and even though I looked like a goober (I just about always think I look like a goober) it was very cool to see.

It's been frigid cold here, still. Highs in the single digits and even though Onyx is in a barn and there's an indoor arena, it's still COLD in there. So I haven't done much but a few minutes work with her before she gets her dinner each night. I can catch and halter her pretty easily now, so we are making progress every day, just not in leaps and bounds like we were at first. I'm still not too shaken by the lack of any big step, we're only a couple weeks in. At the same time I don't want to get too laid back - there's still a LOT of work to be done. I feel pretty good though, because I know she is wicked smart (I'm hip, I'm with it, har har) and she retains things so well. I see that the weather is supposed to warm up this weeked and stay that way for a while. I've got my fingers crossed!

No comments: