Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 5

Today we had a short session with the mustang. Jeff went into his stall first and rubbed on him a little bit.


Then I went in to his stall and haltered then unhaltered him a couple of times. Next we headed off to the arena and did a bit of yielding hindquarters and forequarters. Then we worked on a bit of lunging. He started to learn a new bad trick, where he spun away from me and ran straight away, taking the rope with him. So for a few go rounds things were a bit rocky, but then we got back in sync together and finished on a good note. Jeff walked up to him and rubbed on him some in the arena. That scared him at first - a new place where two people were near him, but he calmed down quickly. Goring into the barn aisle from the arena, he spooked and launched forward, past me, but immediately stopped. He'd seen another person in the aisle behind us. I gave him a pop quiz on disengaging his hindquarters and we got turned around to go back to his stall.

Short session today and Jeff did take a couple of videos, but I haven't watched them yet. I'll take a look at them tomorrow and probably post them then. For now I'm off to bed! My arm is super sore from him jerking away from me those few times, I'm hoping I didn't tear a muscle. I'm anxious to see how bad it's gonna hurt in the morning!

No comments: