Saturday, March 19, 2011

Days 6 and 7

Yesterday I spent some time with him in his stall. I introduced him to some grooming and I think he enjoyed it. I also detangled and brushed out his mane. He has a beautiful long mane. He didn't look terribly thrilled in this pic, but he was really good for his first bit of a pampering session.


Afterwards, I let him loose in the arena for a while. We did a short training session, a bit of in hand work, followed by his intriduction to the saddle pad. It went well in the end, but it was definitely more of a challenge than when I introduced it to Onyx. It seems that he is quick to spook, but just as quick to calm down again - which is good. He'll jump and run away a bit if he can, but then just as fast everything is back to good.

Tonight all I did was love on him a bit. He had the day/night off from any training.


This morning I had left the house at 9am to go to town for business and to run errands. I didn't get back home tonight until almost 10pm. It was a long, long day. Tomorrow is shaping up to be just as jam packed. At this rate, I can't wait until Monday - when things will slow down and I can get back to work at the barn! For most people, the weekends are probably their prime time to work with their horses... for me it seems to be just the opposite!

No comments: