Friday, March 25, 2011

Videos!

We've taken several videos of Calen, the mustang, in the past week. I figured I'd throw them all together in one post for your viewing pleasure! :D

First is a clip of us working on some introduction to lunging out in the arena. This was Day 5 and oly his 2nd try at lunging. He did very well. He turned away from me once and I might have gotten too far ahead of him there. But we got back together and ended on a good note:




The second video is from Day 6. He was loose in the arena and I decided to film and approach and retreat as I petted him and then stepped away. He wasn't to sure about the camera thing I was holding, but he'll get used to being filmed with as much of a compulsive picture taker as I am! This video really shows off his beautiful coloring. Most of the videos I have were done at night and the camera makes everything green:




Third and fourth video are of us practing yielding forequarters and disengaging hindquarters. We're still working on the front end, but he has the disengage DOWN. This was the first time I asked him for a complete circle on either end:







A very shrt clip of us headed out of the arena after the session above:




The next video is of him meeting the rest of the bachelor herd: Bo, my black Paint stallion and Cazador, my overo Spanish Mustang colt. Cazador thinks he runs things around here, but he is so wrong. He didn't endear himself to Calen at all. After this video was filmed we noticed that anytime Cazador approached Calen, he met pinned ears. Calen was NOT impressed with the Spanish machismo, lol:



I think that about catches everyone up on the video end of things! I have some big news that I'll talk about, and show a crummy picture of, in the next post - right after this one!

No comments: